PDA

View Full Version : only 2 bit and 16 bit color option available

ike
09-14-2000, 05:42 AM
my 333 celeron was locking up pretty bad, after many attempt to fix problem I ended up doing a clean sweep on hard drive. After reinstalling windows color option was only 2 bit which is black & white and 16 bit which is about 3 or 4 color. Prior to the reformat I had several other color options (True color was one of them) Is my video card bad????

thank

sweetrod1
09-14-2000, 09:28 AM
I just built a new system with onboard video card and it had only two colors and 16 bbit colors. I tried installing a video card but it has made no difference with the exception of hanging up the system. what should i do

Originally posted by ike:
my 333 celeron was locking up pretty bad, after many attempt to fix problem I ended up doing a clean sweep on hard drive. After reinstalling windows color option was only 2 bit which is black & white and 16 bit which is about 3 or 4 color. Prior to the reformat I had several other color options (True color was one of them) Is my video card bad????

thank

Charles Kozierok
09-14-2000, 08:57 PM
Be sure your video drivers are properly installed and for the correct card. Then check the monitor type and be sure it is accurate as well. If you don't have both properly configured, Windows may default to standard VGA drivers and that's all they support.

------------------
Charles M. Kozierok
Webslave, The PC Guide (http://www.PCGuide.com)
Comprehensive PC Reference, Troubleshooting, Optimization and Buyer's Guides...
Note: Please reply to my forum postings here on the forums. Thanks.