PDA

View Full Version : Force feedback and sound cards

Blind Owl
09-27-2000, 11:05 AM
I recently installed a new motherboard (VA6 by Abit with a built in sound card, previously it was a Intel motherboard with built in Soundblaster and all worked fine). Also I have installed a new video card (64 meg Rage Fury Maxx). When I plug in the microsoft precision pro joystick, it works fine. When I plug in the Microsoft force feedback wheel and go to game controllers in control panel, the wheel will register fine but it will not register the force feedback. I get an error message that it cannot open page due to system does not support force feedback. When I go to launch Nascar 3 with my wheel connected, the screen just goes black. My hunch is that I need to replace my sound card with a Soundblaster (compatible with force feedback) but I'm not 100% sure. My system specs are P2, 350, 64 Ram, 11 Harddrive, VA6 motherboard, 64 meg Rage Fury Maxx video card and Windows 98 first edition. I hope this info isn't too vague but again, thanks for anyone's time.

ReddDogg
09-28-2000, 05:47 PM
Well, first thing to check for when having problems like this is to make sure there are no device driver conflicts, and then the second thing to do is to try updating the drivers for your soundcard. I am not familiar with force feedback, never used anything outside of plain joystick. But this might be an idea for starters, and if that doesn't help, let us know.

------------------
Joe Redd
MCP