PDA

View Full Version : vga-problem

Zoran-Tarzan
10-28-2000, 01:20 PM
I had formated my hard disk and after installing all components I recive mesage every restarting that my vga is not configured properly after wizard searches for plug&play device installs the vga but in system properties still apearing "! SiS 5597/5598 " the device is not working properly or ..... code 21.
I have: SiS integrated vga chipset and i have drivers for it but I still have same problem.

Jerkymom
10-28-2000, 04:29 PM
I've had this problem a time or two in the past, and I think what I did to fix it was this:

In Device Manager, highlight the SiS 5597/5598 and choose Properties, then Driver tab and Update Driver. When the wizard opens, don't let it search for a better driver, but choose "Display a list of all drivers" and then "Show all hardware". Scroll to the top of the list and choose "Standard Display Types, Standard VGA Driver". You might be asked to insert your Windows CD, so have it handy. Once the Standard VGA driver is installed reboot your system into Safe Mode and remove all references to display adapters EXCEPT the Standard VGA in Device Manager. Now restart your PC and Windows should find your SiS 5597/5598 and prompt your for the drivers.

If it doesn't, go back to Device Manager, Display Adapters, highlight Standard VGA, Properties, Driver, Update Driver, etc. as above, and this time choose "Have Disk" at the "Show all hardware" screen, then point it to your SiS 5597/5598 drivers.

Hope this helps! http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif
Kim

Zoran-Tarzan
11-01-2000, 09:04 PM
I tried with your way and it works. :-) Thanks
BUT in other computer with same hardware I recive message: "There is a problem with your display settings. The adapter type is incorrect or the current settings do not work with your hardware"
I tryed with same way but when windows asks for restart without option for aplying settings without restarting same mesage apears.
Now what?

rkmca
11-02-2000, 03:16 AM
Go to My computer-->control panel-->display and click on Settings and check the colors( 32 bit/16 bit ) if that is set correctly and also on the same place click advanced and then click adapter tab and check the refresh rate to see if you have correct refresh rate set.

Hope this helps.

------------------
RM

Zoran-Tarzan
11-04-2000, 09:52 AM
I tryed that but didn't work
I can't make any changes in settings
and in device list refreshing apears the same driver
something else please....

Jerkymom
11-05-2000, 02:16 AM
If you tried the exact same steps with the second computer that fixed the first one and it still doesn't work, I can only suggest one other thing. It's possible the SiS 5597/5598 on that board is defective, so if you have access to another video card and an empty slot of that card type on the motherboard, you can install it instead of using the onboard video. Before you try that, look in your BIOS setup to see if there's an option to disable the onboard video, and also check your manual to see if there is a jumper that needs to be set to do that. Using an add-on card is what I usually do when the onboard sound or video doesn't work properly - most of the time it's cheaper than replacing the whole motherboard.

Hope this helps! http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif
Kim