PDA

View Full Version : Monitor stuck in sleep mode

jpatry
10-10-2000, 12:37 PM
One of my monitors won't come out of sleep mode. I've disabled PNP detection in the CMOS and in all the Windows settings. It is not showing as Energy Star Compliant. Basically, the whole system goes into sleep mode then has to be shut off to run again. Scandisk does not come up so it is shutting down properly. It runs Windows 95 and it connected to an NT Server. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Could it be a hardware problem?

I appreciate any help.

Paleo Pete
10-11-2000, 01:03 AM
Try disabling power management in BIOS and Windows. See if that helps.

------------------
If you had everything...Where would you put it?

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

jpatry
10-11-2000, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the help. I did actually disable APM in Windows and the BIOS, but it still shuts down. I've checked every possible setting and it still freezes up. I'm thinking it must be a hardware problem.

Thanks again for your input!

jcift
11-11-2000, 12:32 PM
First, I do apologize that I don't have a quickfix for you in this reply, but have you tried swapping your monitors around to see what happens. This won't fix the problem, but it will get you towards your goal of finding out whether or not you have a hardware problem. See if you can get away with just using the one monitor, and see how your system functions (you said that you have more than one monitor, if I am not mistaken). Are you running an older system? Have you been inside the cover to take a look at your VGA adapter card (or its onboard connection?
Let me and some of the others wiser than I think on this fr a while. On the same token, I also hope that in the meanwhile you can find a way to resolve this matter.
Good Luck.........

jpatry
11-14-2000, 09:49 AM
Thanks for all your help. For future reference - it was the scheduled tasks that was coming on causing the system to freeze up. Once I disabled this, there hasn't been any other problems with the monitor freezing up. So if this is happening to anyone else, it's worth a try!

JP