PDA

View Full Version : moniter

racer
11-26-2000, 10:14 PM
can someone please tell me what is wrong with my moniter the other day i was using the computer the screen was fine all the colors where fine then all of a sudden it has a grenish yellow tint to it this really sucks i can see everything fine on the screen its just its that color its a packard bell moniter i know the average about computers please help

mjc
11-26-2000, 11:45 PM
Have you recently changed your screen resolution?

If so you may have to change the refresh rate. Look in the manual for the monitor, if you have it or try control panel -> display -> settings -> advanced ->refresh rate -> adapter default. You may have to reboot. When the box comes up Keep this refresh rate?(if it cleared things) up select yes otherwise no and it will restore your previous settings.

Some games will reset the screen resolution and refresh rate and if they are not properly ended the settings may not get returned to the original configuration. So if the last thing you did was play a game try playing it again and make sure it closes properly.

[This message has been edited by mjc (edited 11-26-2000).]

racer
11-27-2000, 12:07 AM
thanks for the tip but it didnt work could there be any other simple problems with it that you know off the whole screen is that greenish yellow but like i said i dont have a problem seeing other thing on the screen

Originally posted by mjc:
Have you recently changed your screen resolution?

If so you may have to change the refresh rate. Look in the manual for the monitor, if you have it or try control panel -> display -> settings -> advanced ->refresh rate -> adapter default. You may have to reboot. When the box comes up Keep this refresh rate?(if it cleared things) up select yes otherwise no and it will restore your previous settings.

Some games will reset the screen resolution and refresh rate and if they are not properly ended the settings may not get returned to the original configuration. So if the last thing you did was play a game try playing it again and make sure it closes properly.

[This message has been edited by mjc (edited 11-26-2000).]

mjc
11-28-2000, 02:35 AM
Okay, how old is your system?

If it is a fairly new system then the best bet would be to get in touch with the system manufacturers tech support because a non-manufacturer shop will void your warranty.

That said one of the most likely monitor problems is the need to have the monitor "deGaussed". Some monitors have this option on them (eihter a button on the side or back or through an OSD function) so check the monitor manual. If not then it is off to the shop deGaussing involves a special tool to demagnetize the monitor.

There is also one other area that is software related that can cause problems. Some video cards have a feature called "gamma correction" this can be accessed through control panel ->display -> settings ->gamma correction. This should be in most cases not really needed so look at the sliders and set them (one for each color (3)) to the same value or if yours has it "restore defaults" (usually the center or "zero" setting)

Paleo Pete
11-28-2000, 06:57 AM
Wiggle the monitor cable where it plugs into the case, if it clears up you have a bad connection.

Otherwise, the degaussing suggestion above would be my next guess.

------------------
Soon as I come up with all the answers...they change the questions!!

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)