PDA

View Full Version : SOUND

Shirleeg
12-14-2000, 10:24 AM
I can hear myself talk by listening to the speakers, but I am unable to get any sound from playback.

------------------
Shirlee

Paleo Pete
12-15-2000, 07:31 AM
First, what are you trying to do? Record in the Sound Recorder?

If so:

Double click the speaker icon in the task bar, and open the main volume controls. Click Options then Properties. CLick the radio button beside Recording and make sure Microphone has a check in the box, then click OK. You should now see the Recording Controls. Use the slider to set the microphone volume about halfway, higher if needed. If you don't see an Advanced button at bottom, go back to Options and click the Advanced Controls option. Then you should have the Advanced options, try it with the Gain Control on and off, to see which one works better.

That should get your mic working. The same procedure will set the mic volume for voice chat programs or instant messaging.

------------------
Soon as I come up with all the answers...they change the questions!!

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

Shirleeg
12-15-2000, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Paleo Pete:
First, what are you trying to do? Record in the Sound Recorder?

If so:

Double click the speaker icon in the task bar, and open the main volume controls. Click Options then Properties. CLick the radio button beside Recording and make sure Microphone has a check in the box, then click OK. You should now see the Recording Controls. Use the slider to set the microphone volume about halfway, higher if needed. If you don't see an Advanced button at bottom, go back to Options and click the Advanced Controls option. Then you should have the Advanced options, try it with the Gain Control on and off, to see which one works better.

That should get your mic working. The same procedure will set the mic volume for voice chat programs or instant messaging.

All of that is checked! When I talk, using the sound recorded the green line does not show that sound is getting thru, although it does sound over the mic like it is. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

------------------
Shirlee

Shirleeg
12-15-2000, 09:42 AM
THANKS! I GOT IT. I WENT BACK AND IT DAWNED ON ME WHAT WAS WRONG! THE MIC WAS NOT CHECKED AND JUST BECAUSE THE REST WEREN'T CHECKED, I SAW THAT THEY WERE ALL UNCHECKED AND JUST FAILED TO CHECK THE MIC.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

SHIRLEY

------------------
Shirlee