PDA

View Full Version : Audio Looping

govtman
12-25-2000, 03:07 AM
Has anyone had a problem with the audio "looping" in Quake 3? Whenever I run the program it'll get to the first frame in the fighting mode and will freeze with the audio looping. After approximately 30-60 seconds, the game will move one frame and then freeze again. Any ideals as to what is occurring?

I'm running:

Athlon 1Ghz
256 DRAM
ASUS V6800 Deluxe GeForce 256 w/ 32MB DDR
Windows 98 SE (Soon to Upgradge to Windows ME thanks to Santa!)
ASUS K7V Mobo

Thanks in advance for any help...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

bassvax
12-26-2000, 06:02 AM
Just a standard suggestion on the 'static' during game play...check for driver updates and/or damaged driver files in the Device Manager. I'm getting that sticking/skipping-like noise during the FMV sequences on Final Fantasy VIII for PC. I thought was the video card, but now I think it is the cpu. In your case maybe something to do with Direct X, try installing the latest version. One last thing...How much of a pc gamer are you? If you do a lot gaming the word on the street is to stick with WIN 98 for that. Got enough hard drive space you could attempt multiple partitions and provided you got the entire WIN ME and not the upgrade. Happy pluggin' http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Jerry

govtman
12-26-2000, 06:19 AM
Jerry, thanks for the info. I will re-check my Device Drivers and all. I've downloaded Direct-X 8.0 and still have the problem. Just today, I went into QIII to recheck and it froze once again, however, without the noise problem. When it froze the second time it was doing 105 fps! I'm sure I'll get this problem figured with people like you assisting me. For some strange reason, my Diamond MX-400 Monster Soundcard is no longer the primary sound device. Seems as though the computer is now using an ESS driver? Don't know how this occurred, unless Windows ME changed it. While messing with a new Nvidia driver I removed my video adapter driver and luckily...I read the error message when I tried to re-boot three times without success. Seems as though the Windows ME start disk came in handy. What was even better was the way Windows ME allowed me to go back in time to early this morning to restore my computer. That is a really nice feature. Now, if I can find out if ME has a way of backing up to a CD-RW!

Govtman