PDA

View Full Version : DVD Video & Sound Not Smooth

seenu
01-12-2001, 11:36 AM
I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM model SD1202 and windows 2000 Professional in my Computer. The Video card is ATI 128 Rage Fury 32 MB with a hardware DVD decoder in it.
a) I downloaded Direct X Version 8.0 from Microsoft website ,
b) I downloaded all win 2K DVD player software from ATI web site ( beta version)
c) I downloaded Win 2K Multimedia software from ATI Web site ( beta version)

But when I play DVD, the video and audio isnít in sync and also isnít smooth during play i.e. lack of synchronization between sound and picture. Also they are not smooth. Am I missing something here? Please help.

Paleo Pete
01-13-2001, 09:55 AM
If this post shows up twice it's a result of a server glitch. I just posted once, and got a server error, then refresh didn't show the post at all.

The problem might be related to the software being beta versions, which are trial versions and therefore unproven, and often prone to bugs. Check the website for patches or FAQ, and consider uninstalling the beta versions and getting older, proven software.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

hiredgoonz
01-16-2001, 12:56 PM
Windows 2000 has some issues with dvd software...are you sure the vid card has an actual decoder or just dvd assist?

What other programs do you have running and what's the speed of your cpu/how much ram?

Have you enabled dma on the drive? Just a few things to look at, good luck