PDA

View Full Version : Pictures blurry

Artyom Chetverikov
02-09-2001, 03:49 AM
When I watch movies/video clips on my computer, the pictures come out too blurry, while my colleague's monitor gives out perfect quality. We both have exactly the same monitor specs from the same manufacturer. What could be wrong with mine? Is it the video card?

Paleo Pete
02-09-2001, 09:06 AM
Check the video resolution, and make sure you have the latest video drivers. Lower resolution, such as 256 color, might be blurry compared to 32 bit True Color, and resizing the window to a larger size will almost always result in poorer quality video with movies.

Your monitor may also simply not perform as well as the other one. Does it get good video quality when viewing still pictures? Or are those blurry too?

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

Randy_tx
02-09-2001, 09:56 AM
It doesnt take much time to change out a video card....as long as you have another one handy AND the video card drivers for that card available. If what Pete said doesnt work...try to change the vid card out with a known good one. If it is still blurry.......it's a defective monitor (they come new with defects more often than they should!).

------------------
Wore out my Ctrl/Alt/Del keys with Win ME