PDA

View Full Version : Minimum resolution only

RocketUK
03-06-2001, 06:03 AM
This is similar to the last topic, but I'm still confused. I've recently had to reformat my C drive and reinstall everything. My last problem is the 19" monitor (Fujitsu Siemens). It won't allow anything but minimum resolution. I've tried a friend's monitor on my computer and it's fine. I've heard that it may be something to do with the driver or bios (ensure IRQ is assigned to VGA?!). It's a recent computer (see how technical I am?). It's got Win98 and an nVidia graphics card. Any ideas anybody?

[This message has been edited by RocketUK (edited 03-06-2001).]

andreadebiase
03-06-2001, 09:43 AM
Right click on you desktop (anywhere!), choose <properties>,then <settings>, then <advanced>, then <monitor> and what do you see? do you see your monitor`s brand and model or a "standard VGA"? if you have a standard VGA it wont work above minimum resolution! if instead your monitor is the one you see try to download some newer drivers for it, might fix the problem.

crussty
03-06-2001, 02:50 PM
I had the same problem with my monitor as I searched for 3 mos for the correct adapter for my video card. until I did, it simply let me set it to VGA, no higher. i concur with the previous post, try to find out which adapter you have installed for you video card, then you can download an updated one from the maufacturer site if you need to. Good luck! http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif