PDA

View Full Version : Video Capture Card

biker.santa
10-26-2000, 05:49 PM
After purchasing an ATI Video Capture Card (TV Wonder VE), I am unable to capture video from either an RCA Video Camera or our VCR. The problem is, that the card does not see any video component attached! Suggestions Please!!! I'm very excited about recording pieces of video tape to my harddrive!

Jerkymom
10-29-2000, 02:33 AM
Welcome! http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif

Sorry I can't help with a direct answer, but you could try looking here http://support.atitech.ca/faq/tvwonder.html to see if you can find the info you need. An internet search for your ATI card might turn up some other sites as well.

Kim

MeadowsG
02-25-2001, 04:35 AM
The software that comes with the ATI card usually has 3 connector icons across the bottom lefthand corner of the display area, Be sure you have selected the correct input for the card. This area allows you to select between s-video,RCA jack and cablevision.

Once you start editing email me and I will suggest some excellent video editing software.
G

------------------
Pass the coffee and no one gets hurt

biker.santa
02-26-2001, 09:39 AM
G & Kim,

Thank you for your comments - I finally got the capture card to capture video....but still having trouble capturing the sound - so I'm busy trying to determine if a sound card issue or what. I found that upgrading my RAM from 128 to 256Mb has helped dramatically.

G - you mentioned that you knew of some excellent video editing software. I'm VERY interested in suggestions in this arena! The ATI software is OK, but the compression isn't the best.

Thank you for your input.

MeadowsG
03-09-2001, 12:53 AM
Video software
I have been using VideoWave and it is amazing. I have versions 2,3 and 4.Version 3 works best for me because it allows you to run at 800x600 screen res. Version 4 forces you to be at 1024x...

The way it works is you capture snippets of video (in almost any format) and drag them into a story line, you can do some very cool transitions and lay multiple audio tracks down with the video you produce. When you out put your creation it can be done in every format that is popular. I recently pulled 13 days down from newsgroups and output it to a VCR and the result was very good.

Video is a cool field, I am doing promo CDs with video and my clients are impressed

Have fun
G

------------------
Pass the coffee and no one gets hurt