PDA

View Full Version : Printer Problems

Hippo
12-09-2000, 02:26 PM
I have a HP 610cl: Printer prints top 2 lines and then quits and spits out endless paper(keeps pulling paper and spitting them out blank). I have deleted the printer and installed the latest driver from HP. I get no error messages. Connections are good. Any help please

Paleo Pete
12-09-2000, 09:32 PM
Check the manual, printers usually have a self test, activated when you turn on the printer while holding down a certain button or combination. If you can find out its self test routine, see if it prints correctly or does the same thing.

Even though you've installed drivers, I'm betting on a driver issue. You might even try dropping back to an older driver...or try a different one and see if it will work. For instance, my HP Desk Jet 400 works great on Desk Jet 500 drivers. Check through the list and see if you can find one that will work, that might tell you if it's a driver problem.

------------------
Soon as I come up with all the answers...they change the questions!!

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

Hippo
12-10-2000, 03:15 AM
Ive tried the self test and they print fine. I will give that driver idea a try. Just off the top, could a not properly installed ink cartridge cause this? Its been a couple weeks since I installed a new ink cartridge but this is the first time I tried to print something. Thank you for your help....

Paleo Pete
12-10-2000, 07:02 AM
Yep, that's a possibility, I didn't think of it. Check to be sure it's seated correctly. If that's not it, then check into drivers.

------------------
Soon as I come up with all the answers...they change the questions!!

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

BigBlue66
12-10-2000, 10:18 PM
I think maybe I answered this post two days ago and advised to check the cartridge for proper installation. I also advised to re-align the cartridge. Cleaning wouldn't hurt either since you have re-inked your existing cartridge.

Let us know how it goes.

Big Blue 66