PDA

View Full Version : Can I use software from another CD writer if it's the same speed?

ImBatGirl
12-08-2000, 08:04 PM
I have HP CD Writer Plus 9310i on one pc and HP 9350i on another and they are the same speeds, 10x4x32, but I like one's software better. Is there anyway I could use the software from the 9350i on the 9310i? If anybody knows, please respond. I hate the 9310i software. Thanks.

bassvax
12-10-2000, 11:10 PM
Being as they are both HP's I would think there wouldn't be a problem. I take it you are referring to the HP software and not the commercial software they like to bundle with the writer (I think I got Musicmatch when I bought the HP writer). Believe it or not HP does seem to offer good service through their site www.hp.com (http://www.hp.com) The only issue I see is trying to separate the burning software from the device installation software on the provided disc. You could always try to install and then uninstall if necessary. Maybe someone else will chime in with better advice though.

------------------
Jerry

ImBatGirl
12-10-2000, 11:58 PM
Yea, I noticed there is HP CD Writer Plus software, adaptec direct CD,and adaptec easy CD creator in the control panel where you add or remove programs. What I wanted to do is change the part where you actually make the CD. In start, programs, HP CD Writer Plus that is where I click on create a CD and that's the part I don't like. I like the other CD writer software to make a CD. Thanks for your post. If anyone knows what I should un-install, let me know. Thanks again.