PDA

View Full Version : Scanner

bassman
02-25-2001, 02:44 PM
A buddy gave me a Storm Technologies ImageStudio VF scanner. I know this machine works and was happy with the quality. He can not find the drivers for it and they since gone out of buisness. Does anyone know where I can find them? Thanks

------------------
If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space!

hiredgoonz
02-25-2001, 03:41 PM
Ok, go to www.driverguide.com (http://www.driverguide.com) you'll have to register if you haven't already...then they'll email you the username and password...

Login and go to driver search...search by manufacturer name and you'll find storm technology channel...since they're out of business, you'll have to go to the drivers found page which is step 1...on that page will be a bunch of drivers for download by the company...I found one for a usb device with the name you listed...

There's alot there...and probably your best bet, good luck

bassman
02-25-2001, 04:50 PM
Thanks Hired,
That was to easy. It still is not working but if I can find the EZ photo disk that came with it, that will probably solve my next prob. Control panel> scanners/cameras shows it listed and working but the "Test" button is not useable. Device manager shows it as working and no conflicts. Imaging only shows Jamcam and "accesories>scanners and cameras wizard" says "nothing detected".Thanks again

P.S. cool site, haven't seen it on here before

------------------

[This message has been edited by bassman (edited 02-25-2001).]

Paleo Pete
02-26-2001, 10:44 AM
Do you have Microsoft Photo Editor on the machine? It has scanner capability and I can use my Mustek with it.

Only thing I know of for the photo software is check around at local retail outlets, it's available, I did a job recently at a Staples near here and I think they had it. Other stores should carry it too.

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

bassman
02-26-2001, 09:50 PM
Thanks Pete,
Found my disk and everything loaded fine. It still acts like its not plugged in but it is. As soon as I plug in the USB it notices it (comp) but the software(??) says to check connection. I tried Imaging(with ME) and EZphoto. Both same thing. If anyone can think of something real simple I would appriciate it otherwise it's not a piece worth fighting with. Thanks...Frank

------------------