PDA

View Full Version : My Computer is Screwed

Stephers
03-17-2001, 07:07 PM
Everytime i connect to the internet it disconnects after like 10 minutes. It's been doing this ever since we tried networking our 2 computers together. We've tried everything, even getting a whole new modem, but nothing has seemed to work.

bassvax
03-17-2001, 07:19 PM
Right off the top of my cranium that sounds like a typical time-out setting for ISPs especially MSN. You could check those options on both PCs. The network is a little too complicated for me...hang in there though and Sleddog or Reddogg (seem to be the network gurus around here)will come along

------------------
Jerry

Stephers
03-17-2001, 07:34 PM
o yeah, and i've tried different isp's so it's not just earthlink.

sleddog
03-17-2001, 09:22 PM
You say you "tried" networking your computers... is the network working correctly? Please describe what you have set up regarding networking. And during the 10 minutes you're connected to the Internet, is the Internet connection working okay or not at all?

------------------
sleddog
[sleddog.f2s.com] (http://www.sleddog.f2s.com)

Stephers
03-17-2001, 09:32 PM
Well, when we networked the two computers, it disconnected every 10 minutes, then we tried it with out the connections and this computer was still disconnecting after 10 minutes, the other one was fine. And basically everything works during the 10 minutes, except it doesn't let me d/l anything.