PDA

View Full Version : modem

hanna
02-24-2001, 12:40 PM
I have a panasonic cf-25 that I am playing around with. I formatted the harddrive and have loaded WIN95 and am trying to get the modem to work. It recoginizes the modem but doesn't work. I do not know how to load the card and socket services and have no clue as to where I would get this info. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Randy_tx
02-24-2001, 01:28 PM
When you say it doesnt work....do you mean it wont connect to the internet? To find out if it is functioning (other than the dialer) go to Control Panel/Device Manager/Modems and click on the Diagonstics tab...then highlight the com port modem shows up on and click "More Info"...if you get a bunch of OK's the modem is correctly installed and then you need to set up "Dial Up Networking" to dial an internet provider and test the dialer (or run Hyper Terminal and test it).

------------------
"As hard as a rock & dumb as a brick"...Windows CEMeNT

hanna
02-25-2001, 02:11 PM
I receive a message that modem fails to respond. When I try to run a diag under modem properties, I receive unavailble or something to that effective. I assume that I should hear a beep of some sort when the modem card is removed from laptop but I do not. I assume that I also should see a card icon on my laptop toolbar but I do not. My other identical laptop, does. I am assuming to much, huh??

WarHog
02-25-2001, 07:04 PM
hanna,
Sometimes when you install Windows (depending what option you chose when you installed) it doesn't load TCP/IP. Check under the Network option in the Control Panel and see if it's there. If it isn't click <Add><Protocol>
<Microsoft><Now click the TCP/IP> that's to the right of the dialog box. You may get promted to insert your Windows CD.
WarHog

Randy_tx
02-26-2001, 11:49 AM
If you received "Fail to respond" in the Modem Diagnostics.......your modem is either on the wrong Com/IRQ or is a gonner ......as in Kapunked.

------------------
"As hard as a rock & dumb as a brick"...Windows CEMeNT