PDA

View Full Version : My laptop doesn't have any bios " I think"

sk8sno32
08-08-2001, 09:21 PM
Hello
I just got a laptop from my nieghbor and i had to put a new hard drive in it and when i turn on the computer it goes through my ram and floppy, and cd rom, etc then it gives me an option to enter setup by pressing f2 so i press f2, but i could sit there for days without it ever going to setup. so then i put in a windows start up disk just to see if it would boot up with it in there and it doesn't, im so confused. does anybody have any suggestions http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/tongue.gif

paul_barr
08-12-2001, 07:08 AM
Hi ya

My laptop (Tosh) has a small program which talks to the bios and sets up the hardware. I have never removed the disk but I suspect the setup would not work if I did as it's probably stored on the disk.

I'm no great xpert on lap tops but I would suggest thet you get onto the website of the manufacturer and see if yours is the same. If so download the setup program and then boot from floppy and run the setup.

P

linux_geek
05-11-2005, 10:00 PM
i have seen older compaq computers that have the bios on a non-dos partition on the hard drive. the only way i know of to get it back on is to use a hard drive ghosting program to put it on.