PDA

View Full Version : Setting screen area.....

Chavito
01-16-2002, 02:09 PM
I am trying to set my screen area on this Armanda 110 with Win ME.
I am trying to set it to 1024 by 768, but when I do, it resize my desktop and then I have to move my mouse to be able to see my whole screen. What I was expecting was that all my icon shrink and everything would fit in my screen.

Does anyone have any idea of how can i accomplish this task... AAHHHH

thanks
Chavito

------------------
-Chavito

Whyzman
01-17-2002, 12:44 AM
Chavito,

Are you referring to navigation bars on the bottom and sides of your desktop which you have to slide to be able to see the entire screen?

------------------
May all your dealings in life be win/win!

Whyzman

Chavito
01-17-2002, 10:05 AM
No navigation bars, but I do have to move my cursor all the way to the en of the screen and the she background start shifting. IT does the same like if I had navigation bars but without them. You know what I mean. I just never saw anything like it. Of course I have only been expouse to Desktops.

I should mention that when I am on the setting screen, IT shows two monitors, and When I pick a high resolution one of the monitors gets smaller than the other.

http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------
-Chavito

Whyzman
01-17-2002, 09:56 PM
Do you know which video card you have?

------------------
May all your dealings in life be win/win!

Whyzman

hiredgoonz
01-20-2002, 11:29 AM
This happens when you try to use a higher resolution than the display can support on-screen all at once...try 800X600...

How big is the screen? If it's smaller than 13" I don't think there's any chance of being able to do 1024X768 the way you want...

What is happening is that it is setting your desktop to 1024X768, but the screen itself is unable to display that size...not enough pixels...

------------------
When all else fails, read the instructions.