PDA

View Full Version : Password

Keith
09-04-2000, 05:35 PM
I have repeatedly tried everything I can think of, but I cannot get my dial-up networking to remember my password when I setup my connection to my ISP.

Clayton
09-04-2000, 06:32 PM
Keith,
The problem u have is u have no default password list. If u can remember when Windows has just finished installed it comes up with a dialog box with your full name and your password as a 'BLANK' at this point u just click on OK "don't enter a password".

Well the trouble with re-installing Windows, is that's it's to long a process just to fix a simple problem. Here's what u can do... It may work for u.

First go to the START button and LOG OFF 'USER NAME' The computer will ask if u are sure. Then at start up it will come up with the dialog box asking for a password, JUST press OK.

From there u can re-enter your password in your connection box...

Let me know if it works

u can reach me at claymor@rave-tt.net

Morgan http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif

Roel
09-04-2000, 06:43 PM
Keith, Try to get some third party sofware it i ssome sort of password recovery program it will give you all the passwors that is stored in your PC but I think it is for windows OS only. Im sure I have it in one of my cd but if you're really interested you can email me anytime. ordhy_1@hotmail.com