PDA

View Full Version : alt,control,delete

tllraider
11-29-2000, 10:07 AM
post from tllraider:
I don't know what I did but when I use alt ,control, delete, I don't get the other screen the computer just reboots ... please help
I only hit it once the task manager does not come up and the system reboots so if something freezes up I have no way getting out of the problem the system just reboots...

Post from chuck:
Check the repeat rate in START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL: Keyboard:Speed. Move the slider all the way to the left and try a CTL ALT DEL and see if it still shutdowns. If it doesn't adjust the sliders to suit.

post from Paleo Pete:
If you're running win 98 go to Start\Run and type msconfig, click ok. Click the Start Up tab and see if Task Monitor is unchecked, if so put a check in the box to the left, that might do it. Can't think of anything else...

post from tllraider:
used both your suggestions did the keyboard slider and the msconfig task monitor is checked ,my os is windows me if that helps still have the same problem thanks for all your help.

sorry pete didn't see your other post i'm new at this

[This message has been edited by tllraider (edited 11-29-2000).]

Paleo Pete
11-29-2000, 01:27 PM
That's OK, don't worry about it, but try to keep it in this topic this time, to avoid further confusion.

I know very little about how ME works, and I'm basically stumped on this one, but maybe someone else will have some clues. Stay tuned!

------------------
Soon as I come up with all the answers...they change the questions!!

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)