PDA

View Full Version : virus or hacker?

Zoran-Tarzan
11-25-2000, 06:48 AM
I'm very often on internet so yesterday after restarting my computer i noticed that network properties, sysedit are damaged. When I try to open those exe files popups a mesage that couldn't locate gliaglnmkt.exe and that this program is needed for opening those files.
have a idea?

rUzz
11-29-2000, 02:55 PM
I have never heard of this file before so I did a search on windows 98 se
no such file exists. What you need to do is do a search for it on your pc when you find it delete it it is probably a setup for a trojan.
I searched through my Viri data base and found nothing like that. I would probably save it to a floppy if I found it, to figure it out.

Good Luck

------------------
Stay alert, stay alive!

Paleo Pete
11-29-2000, 11:36 PM
Same here, I couldn't find it anywhere, or any reference to it. I suspected trojan right away, just by the name of the file, and due to it being a 10 character filename. Microsoft exe files are usually 8 characters or less, same for most legitimate programs.

I'd think maybe a search for trojans might help, and try to find some way of removing it. Just deleting the file may not solve everything, it might have registry entries associated with it as well.

------------------
Soon as I come up with all the answers...they change the questions!!

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

Zoran-Tarzan
12-01-2000, 08:26 PM
I have a lot of bad expirience with trojans so I know very well how to clean them manualy but when i suspected of this file same just your opinion i've deleted it trough DOS and removed it from registry but all programs on my computer including system exe's keep trying to relate with this file.
Now ?
cure?

bassvax
12-01-2000, 10:01 PM
I did a search at www.sarc.com (http://www.sarc.com) Symantec's virus research site and came up with no hits for that file name. Is it possible it is part of a spy software? The recently discussed forum topic of spyware and their implementers lead me to find several odd-named files on my pc and after searching yahoo I found several sites listing the common file names of spyware. Although I could not find that file name through yahoo (google). Sometimes if the spyware associated with the freeware downloaded becomes corrupt the freeware won't run. I ran into this on my kid's pc concerning Real player. Any new software/harware installed recently? My two cents...

------------------
Jerry

Zoran-Tarzan
12-15-2000, 08:44 AM
Thanks for help
i supose its spy, but i can't solve a problem because it still trying to find that file some how it's linked with windows.

Rick
12-16-2000, 01:26 AM
Have you tried using System File Checker?
Under the tools menu in System Information.

If the program has been cross linked it may have done so in one of the system files