PDA

View Full Version : uninstall Win 2000 and reinstall Win 95

fayraq
12-24-2000, 07:22 PM
I installed Win 2000 Pro in my friend pc but unfortunately his fax/modem and sound card drivers don't support Win 2000. So they only goes with Win 95 and 98. My question is, how can I uninstall Win 2000 from his pc and return back to his old Win 95. I don't have Win 95 O/S CD with me and do I need it to install back Win 95 in my friend pc?

Paleo Pete
12-26-2000, 09:01 AM
Yep, you'll need the CD to reinstall, and when you do, do it right, format the drive, don't try to uninstall win2000...

------------------
My hairdresser charges me a finder's fee!!

Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

kenja
12-26-2000, 09:18 AM
Before you give up on Windows 2000, have you checked the manufacturers' websites for updated drivers? There's a lot of drivers out there that have been written for W2k, but they're not included on the installation disk.

When you install one of these, you may get a window that warns you that the driver has not been "digitally signed". That means it doesn't have the official blessing of Microsoft. I've always chosen to ignore the warning and haven't installed a bum driver yet (knock on wood).

In the event that you do install a bad driver, and it doesn't allow W2k to fully boot, enter Safe Mode (F8) at the on-screen prompt. You then use Device Manager to remove the bad driver (Uninstall).