PDA

View Full Version : add/remove programs menu

grumps
12-31-2000, 09:02 AM
I recently uninstalled a program using the programs own uninstall facility.The program was removed entirely (no shared files!)or so I thought until I looked in add/remove programs in control panel.The program was still listed and selecting it to 'remove' resulted in a message that roughly said,'listen stupid this program don't exist.'I apologised profusely to my PC for being such a numpty.So can you super-geeks out there tell me how to remove the entry from add/remove programs?A good New Year to all and don't eat yellow snow!

sleddog
12-31-2000, 03:33 PM
The Windows PowerToy TweakUI has the capability to remove Add/Remove program listings. I don't know what operating system your using, and I don't know if TweakUI is compatible with it. Us poor old NT4 users get confused with all this Windows SE, ME, HEHE stuff http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif

Just post what Windows version you're using and I'm sure someone will be able to help out.

Another approach would be to re-install the software and use Control Panel Add/Remove Programs to uninstall.

[This message has been edited by sleddog (edited 12-31-2000).]

grumps
01-01-2001, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by sleddog:
The Windows PowerToy TweakUI has the capability to remove Add/Remove program listings. I don't know what operating system your using, and I don't know if TweakUI is compatible with it. Us poor old NT4 users get confused with all this Windows SE, ME, HEHE stuff http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif

Just post what Windows version you're using and I'm sure someone will be able to help out.

Another approach would be to re-install the software and use Control Panel Add/Remove Programs to uninstall.

[This message has been edited by sleddog (edited 12-31-2000).]

grumps
01-01-2001, 03:22 PM
Cheers Sleddog reinstalling/uninstalling via add/remove programs and NOT programs own uninstall sorted it.I lived in Goose Bay for a year 1969/70. Have a good New Year.