PDA

View Full Version : Can't play MPG files

Matt
01-10-2001, 11:25 PM
I have no idea when this problem has started on my computer but I get a transform error every time I try to open a MPG file. AVIs play fine as well as real media files. But I cannot get mpg movies to play on my computer.

Here is what happens in order:
1. I double click on a mpg file
2. a Windows media player window opens
3. the first frame is displayed
4. the error box appears with transform error listed

If I click on OK then the movie advances one frame and the error box returns. There is also no sound while this is going on.

Please help.

Paleo Pete
01-11-2001, 07:22 AM
Only idea I have is uninstall Media Player and reinstall it. Maybe some of the other good folks here will have some better ideas.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

Matt
01-12-2001, 01:58 AM
A few things that I should mention are:
1. RealAudio's RealPlayer gets the same error.
2. I have made some changes in the recent past:
Removal of some WildTangent Developer software
I reconnected a Logitec Quickcam (paralell version)
I had not updated the windows media player until after the problem occured.

sea69
01-13-2001, 09:25 AM
I would check to make sure that when u uninstalled 'Wild Tangent', that u didnt also mess up other programs that were 'integrated' into that.. 'Wild Tangent' is a LARGE program, and some parts of ur system may still be influenced/affected by that program.

I dont know if u noticed b 4 , but 'Wild Tangent' even has its own Control Panel section (in Control Panel)

------------------
"re-inventing the hammer.. why I oughtta..."

[This message has been edited by sea69 (edited 01-13-2001).]

Matt
01-13-2001, 04:44 PM
The only other program that was affected by the uninstall was a Hardware doctor program that came with my soyo board. I have also reinstalled all of the wild tangent software...no luck yet. I have also removed and re-installed all of the video compression files, also no luck.