PDA

View Full Version : CD ROM

addd
02-17-2001, 02:07 PM
WHEN I PUT THE CD ROM I MY COMPUTER AND I GO TO MY COMPUTER AND I CLICK THE D DRIVE I SAYS THE DEVICE IS NOT READY EVERY TIME WHAT CAN I DO?????

mjc
02-17-2001, 02:43 PM
Does it seem like the drive is getting power? Does the light come on? Does this happen on al CDs or just one?

If it seems like the drive is poering up properly then you can try cleaning it. If it is just one CD then you can try cleaning it also. There are several products to clean both drives and CDs. CDs can also be clean with warm water and a mild soap (dish soap) do not use anything abrasive on the CD just a paper towel and warm running water.

If it doesn't seem to be powering up properly then you may have to open the computer and check the connections on the drive (both the power connection and the flat ribbon cable that cconnects the drive to the mainboard). If you need some help with that post back with alittle more system information and we'll try to help you through it.

PS: You don't need to use all caps when posting, on a longer message it makes harder to read.

------------------
mjc
To ME or NOT to ME....

addd
02-17-2001, 04:34 PM
thanks but the the ligt blinks every now and then but i cant here the cd spinning i will try checking the cords thanks

addd
02-17-2001, 04:36 PM
sorry about the caps