PDA

View Full Version : invalid configuration windows 3.1

confused
02-19-2001, 05:02 PM
I have a "dinosaur" Packard Bell 720x that I let me little girl use. She /We caused it not to boot up. Instead it says invalid configuration information - run SETUP Program. How do I know what Hard Drive type to enter in SETUP???
I've seen the work you guys can do -
I have faith somebody has the answer-
Thanks in advance,
Confused http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/frown.gif

Paleo Pete
02-20-2001, 08:49 AM
No autodetect? If autodetect is there, use it. My Packard Bell Legend 100CD P-60 works perfect on auto. So does this machine. Scroll through the hard drive types, you should have Type 47 or User, None and Auto all at the end of the list.

If you don't have autodetect in BIOS, you'll have to open the case, pull the hard drive out of the bay and see if the parameters are printed on the label. If they're not, write down the make and model and go to my site posted below, check Trish's Escape From Hardware Hell, and look in the Hard Drive section, you'll find links to get parameters on just about any hard drive made.

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

confused
02-20-2001, 01:15 PM
Thanks Pete,
I took out the hard drive and looked it up, found the parameters on the website and now the dinosaur is back out of extinction - at least for now.
Thanks,
Confused

Originally posted by Paleo Pete:
No autodetect? If autodetect is there, use it. My Packard Bell Legend 100CD P-60 works perfect on auto. So does this machine. Scroll through the hard drive types, you should have Type 47 or User, None and Auto all at the end of the list.

If you don't have autodetect in BIOS, you'll have to open the case, pull the hard drive out of the bay and see if the parameters are printed on the label. If they're not, write down the make and model and go to my site posted below, check Trish's Escape From Hardware Hell, and look in the Hard Drive section, you'll find links to get parameters on just about any hard drive made.