PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Adobe acrobat .Some Help pls...

Dossy2
11-03-2000, 06:01 PM
I've been trying to access some of my documents sent to me but they are in pdf format. When I open them from the browsers I get the following kinds of informations:
NETSCAPE:
Could not load the plug-in 'Adobe Acrobat' for the MIME type 'application/pdf'. Make sure enough memory is available and that the plug is installed correctly.

IE 5.0
The plugin was found but an error in the plugin has occurred.

Could someone please help me in this case so that I could know what to do since I want this documents urgently for some need... http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/mad.gif

Samantha
11-03-2000, 09:28 PM
I suggest that you save the documents to your hard drive rather than trying to open them in the browsers, then see if you can read them by starting Acrobat and opening the documents. If not, there is either something wrong with the documents (try more than one) or something wrong with your Acrobat installation. If it's the installation, use the Control Panel's Add/Remove to uninstall Acrobat, then re-install. If you are using a version less than the current one, I'd recommend installing the latest version. When you install, make sure that Acrobat recognizes both browsers or else the plugin will not be properly installed for them both.

------------------
S~~