PDA

View Full Version : How do get back the lost mails assoicated with Outlook Express?

rouxz
11-12-2000, 06:06 PM
After installing MS explorer 5.5 sp1 and its tools, my system did not work properly so I restored it to the previous version from control panel using Add/remove programs. Lo and behold, I lost all my mails and my accounts which were stored in outlook express. Is there any way I can get it back? I found a recent uninstall folder but I am not sure if it is any use. Please help URGENTLY. You assistance will be eternally grateful.

------------------
Thanks.
Regards,
Roux

Paleo Pete
11-14-2000, 09:45 AM
You can check the uninstall folder and see, it might have them. When you get the newer version installed and working, I think you can merge the old messages into the new one, but I haven't tried it in ages, and don't remember how...

If they are in the uninstall folder, you might try to copy and paste the folders into the new folders, might work, I'm not sure...

------------------
If you had everything...Where would you put it?

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

rouxz
11-14-2000, 01:14 PM
Thank you AGAIN, Paleo. I will do that. I shall go and experience it now. You are really very kind and helpful.

Originally posted by Paleo Pete:
You can check the uninstall folder and see, it might have them. When you get the newer version installed and working, I think you can merge the old messages into the new one, but I haven't tried it in ages, and don't remember how...

If they are in the uninstall folder, you might try to copy and paste the folders into the new folders, might work, I'm not sure...

------------------
Thanks.
Regards,
Roux