PDA

View Full Version : Updating Virus Definitions Norton AntiVurus

burrage1
01-28-2001, 06:17 AM
My computer came with Norton Antivus installed. My ISP is AOL. My Subscripton for virus difinitions needs to be renewed, and I now have my new subcription number. The problem is that when I click the LiveUpdate button,follow on screen instructions, click "Yes, tell me how" when asked about subscriptions, and enter my number as prompted, the progress bar advances a little then stops altogether. I waited (about 20 minutes) cancelled, tried again but no success.Anybody with any ideas, I be very grateful.

Paleo Pete
01-28-2001, 09:51 AM
You might try shrinking the AOL window and opening Internet Explorer, instead of using the AOL "Browse The Net" link or whatever they call it these days.

That lets you still log onto the internet, but use IE as your browser instead of the AOL one.

Check your timeout settings, this might be caused by the program not seeing any Internet activity, which sometimes happens with downloads.

Otherwise you might see if you can get a friend to let you connect through their local dial up account, download the DAT files then delete the account.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)