PDA

View Full Version : CUMMUNICATION PRO

andy mumby@btinternet.com
04-09-2001, 07:25 PM
IM UNABLE TO USE THE SPEAKER PHONE ON THIS SOFTWARE I HAVE A ESS ES56T-PI DATA FAX VOICE MODEM BUT AM UNABLE TO HEAR SOUNDS THROUGH THE SOUND CARD IWANT TO USE THE HANDS FREE OPTION WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE TELEPHONE IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONFIGURE THIS SOFWARE TO USE THE SOUND CARD FOR MIC IMPUT AND SPEAKERS FOR OUT PUT

Paleo Pete
04-09-2001, 11:42 PM
I think you have to plug the mic into the modem, not the sound card. You might find headphones useful, plug them into the speaker out on the modem, and you won't hear an echo every time you talk.

I'm not positive that will work, but from what I understand of my cryptic modem manual that's the way it should be set up. I think my manual was written by a Korean guy just learning English...from a Mexican...To accessing the modems needs to plugging in the speaker...

------------------
So many idiots, and only six bullets...
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

tjaymadison
04-10-2001, 10:30 AM
Then too, I think you need to have a cable connecting the sound card to the modem. When I had an internal modem, there was a connector marked "TAD" -- Telephone Answering Device -- and the cable was similar to the one that you use between the sound card and the CD-ROM drive.

Paleo Pete
04-11-2001, 07:52 AM
I also missed something, rather than separate cables, I think a patch cord between line out on the modem and line in on the sound card might work. That may be the same thing tjay is describing. That should send the signals from the modem to the sound card so both can be used for sound.

I need to try that, sure would like to get the speakerphone working on this thing...

------------------
So many idiots, and only six bullets...
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)