PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2000 not saving view

tbalazs
04-30-2001, 07:24 AM
On one PC, Outlook 2000 (SP2) will not save its view (from subject received etc) between sessions of the program. It always returns to a default view. Thanks for any tips. OS is Win2K Pro.
Tony.

Ghost_Hacker
04-30-2001, 05:17 PM
Right click anyone of those field headers and choose "Customize current view". Now open the "fields" box and arrange your fields in the order that you want. Once your done this will be the new default.

Hope this helps http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Comment heard from a Klingon programmer.

"Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters'. They have 'arguments'....and they ALWAYS WIN THEM!"

tbalazs
05-01-2001, 12:04 PM
The view is still not saving between sessions, or even if I go out of that folder and then back into it. I'm perplexed.

Ghost_Hacker
05-02-2001, 10:15 AM
First, is this a standalone box or networked one. Also does your network admin (if any) control user profiles?

------------------

"Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters'. They have 'arguments'....and they ALWAYS WIN THEM!"

tbalazs
05-02-2001, 10:25 AM
It's networked, but in a 2000 Pro workgroup only (no 2000 Server).

Ghost_Hacker
05-02-2001, 10:37 AM
O.K..... Does the problem occur if you logon to the box as admin? If not is the user a member of the power user group? You might have a problem with the user's rights to change or install a program. ( but still even if a user is just a "user" they should still be able to edit Outlook's properties. I've never ran across one that couldn't)

The only time I have heard of this happening is with mandatory profiles ( That's why I ask about the box being networked or not).
Since I have the same version and patch for Outlook (SR1 with SP2) I'll assume it isn't a bug with SP2. I would try the repair function of Office 2000. (run the installer again and you'll get the option to reinstall or repair.) If the repair doesn't work or if their is no chance of lossing data. You might want to just reinstall the program.

Good Luck http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------