PDA

View Full Version : how to read error messages?

mohamed adeni
07-01-2002, 02:24 PM
I know most of you out there are computer geeks with full of knowledge and must have taken lot of years of experience and hard work so let me ask you this since I am a beginner and love this game. Is there any book which has most of the info on error messages and how to go around to fix them? I play with my computers at home and most of the time I mess them up and try to fix the problems and that is how I am learning. Some times I loose patience and reformat the HD and install os all over again. My computer in my bed room has 5 extra HDs and spend lot of time try to install and uninstall different hardware and software. Why I do these, I don't know I just enjoy it and I am not a computer guy and I am in accounting line. You see now why I need that info. Please let me know. Thanks:p

saphalline
07-01-2002, 03:22 PM
After Hours Club, we don't answer serious computer problems in here. This is for when we are done and want to do nothing but... well, nothing! :D

Ghost_Hacker
07-02-2002, 12:55 PM
A few years ago Microsoft Press put out a series of books called "Help Desk...". You might have a look at some of those.

Also a lot of the error messages can be found by using a google search.

Hope this helps :)

old_kid
07-02-2002, 01:24 PM
Hey Mohamed:

Ahhh - a book/list/site with every possible error and every possible solution - wouldn't that be great.

Maybe someday - but not yet.

This forum is as close as it gets - I have learned a lot here

:)

Fruss Tray Ted
07-02-2002, 01:31 PM
please disregard, just a test.

YODA74
07-02-2002, 02:50 PM
there is a small book out if you can find it, "Smart Computing" puts it out it's called "Stop Pc Errors Volume 7 Issue 6" there phone number is (800) 733-3809 gives a pretty good list and solution to common error messages. But you'll learn more about errors around here and i mean good ones to.;)

mohamed adeni
07-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Thanks guys, I totally agree with you all. When ever I have time I always go thru different discussion forums in pc guide and learning from f.a.q site. If I don't see what I want than I post a question. Thanks again.:p

yawningdog
07-11-2002, 09:23 PM
I'd like to emphasize what Ghost Hacker said about Google. I Usually just enter the error word for word ("java executable not found" to use a Linux example) and I often get hits that are all over the problem. Very handy indeed.