PDA

View Full Version : Netware 3x - Windows 2000 printing problems

CompuCook
08-09-2002, 09:21 AM
Has anyone heard of incompatibility issues between Netware 3x and Windows 2000? I am having problems with computers running W2K and printing. Printers work for a while, then start hanging up and going offline. Re-installing the printer does not work.

Ghost_Hacker
08-13-2002, 08:43 AM
This may be a good starting point for answers:TID10053567 (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10053567.htm)

Good Luck :)

CompuCook
08-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Thanks for that link - I did some checking there and found a few patches that ALMOST address the problem, but not quite. I was wrong in my original post - our W2K users have Netware 4.80 installed. When they attempt to print, no error messages are received; the printer just becomes unavailable (even for viewing properties). It will say 'not ready' in the printers folder when highlighted. This is happening for 2 different W2K users with different printers (one NEC and one HP). During re-installation of the printer, the wizard will report that the printer is not available.
I can't find any information specific to my problem using Google or on the Novell site. Sorry for the long post but I am at my wit's end about this and am hoping desperately that someone out there can help.

Ghost_Hacker
08-13-2002, 02:21 PM
This could be a client 4.8 issue, if your not using any Novell apps on those workstations, you can try uninstalling client 4.8 and using the MS client for Novell networks.

Also is there an option to not use or install any ndps components during the 4.8 install?

CompuCook
08-13-2002, 03:58 PM
Yes, we turned ofF NDPS during the last round of printing problems from W2K - but I beleive this was done after the fact and not during the install. I know that for W98 there is definitely an option for that during set-up, probably the same exsists for 2000. I will try a re-install of Netware and deselect that option.
Thanks for your help!