PDA

View Full Version : Have YOU Ever Cheated?

malcore
08-22-2002, 10:58 AM
How many of you gamers have used cheat codes to finish a game or get through a really tough spot?
I find some games to be extremely difficult at certain points and am often tempted to apply a cheat just to get through that stage. Early in my gaming experience, I found my Video Quotient (VQ) to be staggeringly low! One of the early games I played was Half Life. Now, you can't deny that there are some rough sections to get through in this classic.
So, shame shame, YES, I have been known to apply a cheat here and there.

What say'st thou, bully-rook? COME CLEAN!

NOTE- This applies to single player gaming ONLY. Those of you who have cheated on multi-player LEAVE this forum NOW! Seek absolution and change your ways! A pox on you!!!:mad:

clitemnestra
08-22-2002, 12:23 PM
:D :D HAHA!
Yes, I have "cheated". I am pitiful at games. I use a cheat, but once I know how to do it, I go back and try it without cheat.;)

dlove
08-23-2002, 02:06 AM
i never cheat while playing online ......i hate it when its done to me ....i was losing in AOE on the zone. then i turned the tide around and started kicking his cyber butt and then he cheated.... :mad:

so if you want to cheat do it alone

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the arm pits of the one who cheats............:D

uummm any cheats for unreal ..hehehehe

Anubis
08-23-2002, 02:59 AM
I never cheat in online gaming... its crap and I hate it. Sorta like someone with a sniper rifle hits everything for a head shot, can you say bull^&*^?? Now sometimes I'll tweak things on offline games to help me finish.... I have done that on BGII TOB but it is just tweaking of abilities, dragons are still a royal pain in the arse never mind lich's.

malcore
08-23-2002, 04:18 AM
I never cheat in online gaming

i never cheat while playing online

Well, I hope not, because you shouldn't be here if you do:p .

Anubis

sometimes I'll tweak things

but it is just tweaking of abilities

"Tweaking"...hmmmm...nice euphemism. Does this language play mean you feel you haven't cheated on single player?:p I don't see any votes for NO yet. Funny.

kueijie
08-23-2002, 07:09 AM
:D I dun cheats. BUT I uses "codes" to help me along with the game :D

;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: HAHAHA :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;)

Anubis
08-23-2002, 07:15 PM
OK, I'll come on and say it, yeah I am a cheater on offline games. I add points to my ability scores nevermind there are still plenty of rolls of the dice where I can still lose.

joea64
08-25-2002, 07:53 PM
"Cheat" at single-player? Well, of course. ;)

I put that in quotes because, in fact, some games put their cheat codes in open view for everyone to use - most notably Civilization II, which had a whole _menu_ of cheats.

For my part, I think that one of the real tests of game quality is if it's still a challenge when you use the cheat codes/menus. For instance, in the various SimCity games, you can edit the funds level to give yourself a more realistic budget, but lots of money won't do you too much good if you can't keep your city services up to snuff and your citizens happy...

-Joe-

saphalline
08-26-2002, 12:32 PM
Yes I cheat, but mainly because I'm not very good at games. :p About the only games I can complete without cheating (and without problems) are RPG's, 'cause I have time to think about my next move and I have the ability to improve my character's levels to the max if I so desire. I cheat heavily in RTS games and in shooters, though I have to admit I think I'm getting better at shooters. Maybe even to the point where I can finish some of them without any cheats... eventually... :rolleyes:

As for online cheating, well I don't even play online yet. Something about having a crappy 56K dial-up connection that kind of ruined all my online gaming experiments. ;) It just don't work, but maybe I'll try that online gaming thingy again when I get broadband. No cheating, of course!

poordevil
08-26-2002, 01:11 PM
Really I don't ever cheat games.If I can't get through a game without using cheats,I just leave it unfinished,with the intention of coming back to it later.

I am talking heavy cheats like invincibility,all ammo,all weapons, that kind of stuff.Some people consider using a guide to get through levels when you are stuck and can't find a critical item or an exit, as cheating.Well I tend to agree.It is a boaderline habit at best.But I will use a guide when I am truly at my wits end and have been stuck for hours.I had to use an online guide to get through Jedi Knight 2.There were some puzzles and hidden exits in that game, I doubt I would have ever uncovered, without the guide.

bassvax
08-26-2002, 11:26 PM
Saphalline....get into UT? There is a mod called Zero ping that evens things out for 56k peeps! It works! pm me if you are interested.

No I never cheat!

NiroTToriN
08-31-2002, 01:53 AM
Not into cheating all that much... Bout as far as I go is a walkthrough and only when I'm stymied. (twice in JK2) I assume mods aren't being counted as cheats, cause the CHAOS weapons mod for UT just makes life unfair for the bots! MWHAHAHA!

Elad
09-29-2002, 11:35 AM
Ok lords of these hallowed forums, I come here today to seek forgiveness, for I have sinned, and to admonish others for using OGC (0nline gaming cheat) and other similar coded cheats for the popular game Counter-Strike.

Well one night my 56k connection was acting up while one of my friends was over, like 500 ping all the time. And we had nothing else to do so we decided to download OGC 7.XXXXXXX. It wasn't that bad b/c this was back in the 1.3 days when almost everyone hacked. I HAD NEVER CHEATED BEFORE THIS! I wanted to see what it was all about and the technology these "Haxors" had at their disposal. Well I downloaded it and the ease of installation and use was SICKENING!! Any 12 year old that sucked at the game could download and easily intall it and ruin a whole public server!

Well I loaded up the hook and all that other crap and went to a undedicated server (I didnt want to ruin a bunch of people's nights) Well after I got in I started going through the GUI and looking at all of the options. It was mind boggling all of the stuff you could turn on and enhance! I quickly binded a key to the speed hack and had some fun with pistols, I then moved on to the SUPER ZOOM with ANY weapon! Well by this time I was cursing the makers of OGC, there were atleast 5 different wallhacks!!!!! Well after playing for around 30 minutes with this I deleted anything related to OGC and reinstalled Counter-Strike. I have never hacked since and I'm still a devoted Counter-Strike player. Am I worthy of forgivness?? :(

steveo
09-29-2002, 11:37 PM
I can't remember the last time I played a game that I didn't have the cheat codes for. I don't care, if I need them I use them. This goes back to my nintendo daze (remember the game genie?) and further back to the arcades on games like Galaga where being buddies with the arcade owner allowed you to be privy on little cheats you could use.