PDA

View Full Version : Qmail and FormMail

Ghost_Hacker
08-30-2002, 06:42 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I'm having. I recently upgraded a Redhat 7 box from using Sendmail to using Qmail. ( Sendmail was being used only with Formmail to submit forms from a web site. However, it was decided that a fully functioning Email server was need. Hence the qmail upgrade.)

I made the recommended changes to the formmail script so that it would use qmail-inject and it worked for the first test run, but never again. :( The apache logs state that there is an "end of header" error, that normally indicates either a typo or permissions problem with the script. Sadly, this is not the case. Qmail is setup to relay correctly and works for general smtp and pop3 "emailing".

Any ideas????

Let me know if more info is needed or if I have missed reading a log somewhere that could give me a clue. (the script does not generate errors, but simply "sits" there doing nothing.)

Thanks!!!

Ghost_Hacker
08-30-2002, 03:03 PM
Seems I should be able to get the script to spit out debugging information by using Perl's -w or -d switch.

example:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

Cool!! Who knows I might fix this yet. :)

Ghost_Hacker
09-05-2002, 07:55 AM
Seems the solution was very easy. The webmaster had made an error in the script and had typed in the wrong path to Perl, which caused the script to hang since perl couldn't be found.

All is well with the world today. :)