PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1942

philzee
09-11-2002, 04:53 AM
I just have to sing the praises of this new first person shooter....It is the biggest and best game i have played in a long time, not only do you get to use every vehicle you can think of but you can also pick up your teammates when you play in multi-player and you have to think!!!. As well as this the graphics are just soooo sweet...I can't wait until it comes out on the 20th of September :D

if you want here is the link http://battlefield1942.ea.com/

saphalline
09-13-2002, 07:22 PM
Hey, I played that demo. It was pretty fun, but I had some technical issues with it. I realize that it was just a demo, but I was wondering about your rig?

I was playing the demo (installed from the PC Gamer CD) under Win ME (which might explain a lot right there :p) with a 1.2GHz T-bird, 512 RAM, GF2 Ti, DX 8.1. Of course, now I'm running Win XP Pro with 768 RAM, so it might play better, but I had some serious lag in single player with a resolution of just 800 x 600 x 16-bit color with most details turned down to medium. Needless to say, it didn't look that great. :(

philzee
09-13-2002, 07:41 PM
well my setup is nowhere near as good as yours and it runs great...by the way EA games has released an UPDATE FOR THE DEMO lol. which means that the game is now version 1.1....now it runs even better and the multiplayer interface is a lot easier to understand. But it has to be said that there must have been numerous errors with the code for them to update the demo even before the game is released

Jiggy
09-13-2002, 08:12 PM
a friend had jerky graphics with that game, he was running the GF2MX, now hes got the GF3TI500 and the game runs sweet. myself ive only played it once but i need to put more time in on it.

the demo for the new Unreal will be out within the next few hours if not sooner, cant wait:D

diurnal
09-15-2002, 12:18 AM
IT looks like Medal of HOnor 2 to me, but i m sure its going to be a awesome game. I ll have it, and i think medal of honor was the game of the year.

saphalline
09-17-2002, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Jiggy
a friend had jerky graphics with that game, he was running the GF2MX, now hes got the GF3TI500 and the game runs sweet.
Yeah, well, that's what Z occlusion culling will do for ya! Boost most/all games that aren't running too well. Seems to me (with my higher-clocked GF2 Ti) that even a GF3 Ti 200 would do me well, or anyone for that matter. I guess modern games with their high poly counts simply run better on more efficient architectures regardless of DX 8 effects, which makes a GF3/Radeon 8500 the minimum standard for a gaming comp these days.

Ah well, I guess I'll soon have to take the plunge for a DX 8 card, considering that I have so many high hopes riding on the UT 2003 coat-tails. It would be nice to actually be able to play the darn game instead of viewing a low-res slide show! :rolleyes:

I'm now in the process of kicking myself in my sore rear end for not nabbing one of those $89 GF3 Ti 200's on sale from Newegg just a couple days ago. Maybe if I wait a week or two they'll be back in stock?