PDA

View Full Version : Persistance pays off

Lucias_Clay
09-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Don't know if this is the right forum or not but...
I have a hotmail address I use for junk and and when I don't want to give out my regular e-mail and I was getting 18-20 sex sites at a time Not including those that came in my junk folder. As I got them I would block them, now I am only getting 2-3 :) I hope to get rid of all of them some day.

Budfred
09-17-2002, 09:57 PM
I am not certain that it works with Hotmail, BUT, have you tried MailWasher? I use it and get very little SPAM. It has the option of bouncing a message back to the originator of the SPAM saying that you don't exist. They recently upgraded it and it seems to do this more successfully. It is free, so it is a bargain. You can find it at
www.mailwasher.net

Budfred

Mitch Hatfield
09-18-2002, 06:38 AM
At present MailWasher does NOT work with Hotmail, although the new version which was promised for 9/3/02 is reputed to do so.

McAfee's "new" Spam Killer will handle Hotmail, but it costs $40 and NO free trials.

www.mcafee.com/myapps/msk/default.asp

I use Spam Detective, at $20, and it covers Hotmail just fine. And I get 40/50 spam Emails per day, many of which are obscene!

0 days free trial from: http://www.emtec.com/spamdetective/index.html

Budfred
09-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Mitch,

If you are getting 40 or 50 SPAM a day, how is that working just fine?? I am surprised if I get more than 2!

Budfred:confused: :)