View Full Version : Zone Alarm update.
09-19-2002, 11:20 PM
I got a popup message tonight saying that ZoneAlarm has an important update and asking if I wanted it. I refused since I tend to be paranoid and I wasn't sure that it came from ZA. I then checked on their website and it looked like they have added another level of charging for ZA and they may have reduced function on the free version. Does anyone know anything about this and about that update?? If it is legit and doesn't reduce function, I want to get it, but I couldn't even figure out how after I closed the popup.
09-20-2002, 12:11 AM
budfred i got the same popup message i downloaded it but did not install yet have to scan it first./// well i have the trial pro download by mistake.but have free in a few days. it taken away my option to say yes or no to programs in the control center part,it's no longer there.it's where you can pass lock i do not remember what it is called thats all i found for now.
09-20-2002, 06:24 AM
I can't answer the original question but I suggest Kerio Personal Firewall as a replacement for Zone Alarm -- http://www.kerio.com/us/kerio.html
Do some web searching and you'll find it is highly recommended.
Kerio is free for personal use, without any expiration or crippling of features.
Well, here is the low down from ZoneLabs....
New and improved features in ZoneAlarm version 3.1.395:
* Improved interoperability with proxy server applications
* Improved user interface with new maximize/minimize button
New and improved features in ZoneAlarm version 3.1.291:
* All-new, easy-to-use interface gets new users up and running fast
* New in-client logging with log filtering, sorting and real-time analysis
* Our multi-layer protection system makes you safe from inbound and outbound threats
* Basic MailSafe e-mail protection protects you from .VBS email viruses
* Context-sensitive help system, quick-start tutorial, quick-reference text column, and new security overview panel
* All new AlertAdvisor with instant security advice from the experts at Zone Labs so you never face security threats alone!
* Zone management area lets you easily share files with computers and networks you trust while simultaneously blocking everyone else
* Active network indicator tells you what computers and networks you're trusting
09-20-2002, 10:15 PM
I checked my ZA settings again and found the details I couldn't find before, so I went ahead and downloaded the Update.
Thanks for the feedback,
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.