PDA

View Full Version : Another AVG update....

mjc
09-21-2002, 11:53 AM
Seems like they are picking up the pace again...

New update posted on the 19th.

Fruss Tray Ted
09-21-2002, 12:22 PM
The download for me was just under one meg and I did Snortin's immediately after (as I usually do) and their's was just under 800 kilo's but Symantec seems to come out with updates more often so I imagine they even off somehow...

david eaton
09-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Second the thanks, MJC. I downloaded it, installed, and now the AVG console tells me that the defenition files are out of date :eek: .

Am I the only one that gets this? I tried manually downloading/installing again but no joy. The autoupdate feature tells me there are no new updates!

David

Fruss Tray Ted
09-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Did you reboot after downloading?

Mark Miller
09-22-2002, 09:58 AM
Hi Mjc,
On the computer links link I get a 404 and tehn a dreaweaver page. just thought you should know. by the way thanks for all the help and trying to keep everyoneup to date. This forum is the best at communicating stuff people need to know for safe computing.
Mark

mjc
09-22-2002, 01:59 PM
Fixed, but not quite the way I would like it to be...back on Fortunecity, for the time being....:rolleyes:

david eaton
09-22-2002, 02:34 PM
Fruss. Yes, Downloaded, installed and a reboot. Still "database is out of date". Point the update at the downloaded file, and it says this is not an update!!:mad:

David

Fruss Tray Ted
09-22-2002, 07:57 PM
The first time, did you download it with a 'download manager' or AVG's 'update manager' which is an auto-installer, I guess in real time?

How do you point the update?

david eaton
09-23-2002, 05:33 PM
I have downloaded the update file using the "auto" option, and it self installed.

Redownloaded the file using DAP, putting the file in the AVG\update folder. Go to service/update and choose the "from folder" option. The installer the gives the message "no new update found" :o

David