PDA

View Full Version : Linksys Router Problem

chad_bridge
11-01-2002, 06:05 AM
I have fully installed the router (linksys BEFSR41) and both of my machines are on the internet.

My problem is that i cant see the computer of my machine or the other way round, so we cant share files, send messages and me do a remote connection.

could someone please help.

thanks

chad

ps. i have fount and got familiar with the router config program that the host configures i just want to know about the above please.

chad_bridge
11-01-2002, 02:53 PM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

thanks

chad

Steve
11-01-2002, 05:16 PM
Hi chad,

I use that router also. The first thing that I would recommend is to make sure that your firewall is not blocking you. If you have it on, shut it off until you get everything working.

You didn't mention what operating systems your computers are running. It would help us help you if you posted at least the os's involved.

Jhorner1
11-02-2002, 12:37 AM
Chad
I also use that router, it works quite well. It depends on what O/S you are running, but basically you have to enable file sharing before the computers can see each other. This can be done through windows explorer by right clicking on a drive or folder and selecting sharing, and then following the prompts.
Good Luck
Jack

chad_bridge
11-02-2002, 07:34 AM
yes i have enabled file sharing and messed about with all of the network settingsi just can't get them to see each ohter.please help.

my machine has xp pro the other machine has 98 second edition.

thanks

chad

Jhorner1
11-02-2002, 12:49 PM
Chad
One other thing, make sure that both computers are set for the same workgroup. In 98 this is done from the network applet in the control panel, not sure with XP pro, but with 2000 pro it is done from the system applet