PDA

View Full Version : install help

Jiggy
11-17-2002, 11:08 AM
unsure were to post this, gaming/linux.
im trying to install Unreal tournament2003 on Mandrake 9, but i keep getting this error "Gtk-WARNING **: GModule initialization check failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)" i cant locate the Gtk+, can someone point me to it, thanks

Whyzman
11-17-2002, 11:48 AM
Hey Jiggy my checking this out turned up an actual website: www.gtk.org perhaps you might find what you're looking for there! ;)

Jiggy
11-17-2002, 12:40 PM
thanks Whyzman, now all i have to do is translate it in english...:D

Whyzman
11-17-2002, 12:42 PM
Sorry Jiggy I just assumed you were bilingual! :D

I know mjc is! You might want to ask him! ;)

saphalline
11-18-2002, 05:03 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet!! GTK+ is an actual GNU toolkit! None of that Linux overlay junk. Well, relatively speaking anyway, since Linux is the upper shell that was foisted upon the GNU OS base.

Maybe that's what's causing your problems. Have you updated your GTK+ lately? :D

Jiggy
11-18-2002, 07:21 PM
saphalline, how do i go about doing that, i went to there site and the links for the latest GTK+ V2 just takes me to an empty web page, when it comes to Linux, im playing and getting nowhere, im very new to Linux and very lost..:D :confused:

malcore
11-18-2002, 07:57 PM
ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.0

Jiggy
11-18-2002, 08:21 PM
malcore, how do i download it, when in Linux i click on your link then on the right driver, how do i save it to a file, or download it??? if i click on it it takes me to an empty web page and if i other click i cant see a "save" in the menu.

malcore
11-18-2002, 08:32 PM
Jiggy,

LOL. Sorry about that. I had the same problem and am having the same problems as you. New to Linux also. Learning though.

I have the luxury of having multiple systems here though. When I experienced trouble downloading for Linux (as you are now), I used a Windows machine to download, then burned it to disk and went from there.

Sorry I can't help you more. I just did what was expedient. Maybe post this download question in the Linux/Unix forum here and I will certainly follow with interest.

Jiggy
11-18-2002, 10:01 PM
i downloaded it in windows burnt it to cd, linux sees it ok but there is nothing in the file, not a jot, will try again, how did you install it?

malcore
11-18-2002, 10:28 PM
Jiggy

Which file did you download from my link?

If you downloaded the Gkt+ V 2.08 from the top of the page, it is an empty file.

Download the one 2 thirds down the page, dated 11/09. This is the real file. Title gtk+-2.0.8 tar.gz

Check through some of the links from here (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=installing+Gtk%2B+V2&btnG=Google+Search)