PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh! I'm frustrated!

baller360
11-26-2002, 09:27 AM
I have this silly little printer problem thats driving me nuts. This morning a network print device stopped printing. The print devices connections are fine and its online and reads "ready". The print jobs are going to the printer, but they're just sitting there, they never print. The first thing I did was go to the print server and clear the event logs, but that didn't solve it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Baller360

P.S. I just realized that none of the print devices running off of that Print Server are running jobs. (They not connection directly to the server. Connected via cat5.) Any suggestions?

baller360
11-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Well as a last ditch effort, I just restarted the server and now everything is jim dandy.

Thanks,
Baller360

Budfred
11-26-2002, 10:35 AM
Congrats on fixing it. I had no idea how to approach it, so it was helpful to hear what you did.

Thanks,
Budfred

rmahabir
12-03-2002, 10:26 PM
Before restarting print server next time. Check the Spooler service. This service is responsible for spooling print jobs as the name says. Often by stopping and restarting the service, the print jobs will miraculously start printing.

PS. Applies for (Windows NT4, Win2K, XP)

Ryan :cool:

baller360
12-04-2002, 08:29 AM
I tried that too. I didn't work. I don't know what the problem was.

Baller360