PDA

View Full Version : NT 4.0 VPN (correction)

baller360
12-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Can anybody tell me how to set up a VPN through Windows NT 4.0? Actually, I just need to set it up to accept incoming connections, Then I'll create a VPN to it on my Windows 2K machine. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks guys.

Baller360

aussieolie2
12-09-2002, 02:41 PM
I dont think NT 4 supports VPN, howver you may be able to install some software such as PC Anywhere etc... that allows tunneling/VPN.
You really want to do it the other way around (win 2000 as the server).

Good Luck,

Olie

Ghost_Hacker
12-09-2002, 06:30 PM
The following link should help you:

NT 4 VPN (http://helpdesk.princeton.edu/remote/VPN/vpn_nt.htm)

Good Luck :)

baller360
12-10-2002, 09:58 AM
As it turns out I'm not gonna have to create one. Thanks for all the info, now I'll know what to do next time. I thought that was what I needed to do. Thanks again.

Baller360

aussieolie2
12-10-2002, 12:13 PM
Ghost,
I love how you know how to get into Princeton ;) lol thats funny..A VPN page but aimed at students @ the university....
I see know that you need Service Pack 5 for VPN... Uhuhh. Hmmm...OK

Olie ;)

Ghost_Hacker
12-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Without the userid and password I can't get in. ( But I would guess it's proably the student's name and either student or SS number.)

There are lots of helpdesk web sites for schools all over the net. These pages are good as they provide the basic info needed with screen shots included. ( which keeps me form having to type the answer out. :D )

Most schools of higher learning have very "open" network policies, so finding this information is easy.

EDIT Service pack 5 fixed problems with NT's RRAS service and the PPTP protocol.