PDA

View Full Version : LED lead problem, simple

Budfred
12-14-2002, 01:38 AM
I think I know the answer, but I gotta ask anyway. I have a power LED lead on a case that I am working on the has a 3 pin connector. It looks like this: wire-empty-wire. The connector on the board has 2 pins that are right next to each other, so the LED won't light since I can't get both active pins connected at the same time. I suspect the answer is that I need to find a new wire with a 2 pin connector, but I need to get this done and sent out to my sister on Monday, so I am wondering if there is a way to jerry-rig the connector that I have or otherwise improvise a solution. Failing that, would MicroCenter carry something like this do you think??

Thanks for any and all ideas,
Budfred

Whyzman
12-14-2002, 09:04 AM
Budfred,

I had to modify the lead wire for the K7S5a...is that the one you're working on? What's holding the wires into the connection block on most are the metal connector pins that are crimped to the ends of the wires.

They have a tiny metal flange that locks them in place. I think I used a very fine paperclip straightened out to release the pin from the block and then just moved it over....

Would you let me know if that's what you're asking?

mjc
12-14-2002, 10:59 AM
Same as Whyzman....

Just push the little flange in and pull the wire, when you insert it into the proper hole the flange will pop back into place........

Budfred
12-14-2002, 01:15 PM
Whyzman, this is on my P4 ECS board, but it isn't the board that is the problem, it is the LED connector. I will try what you and mjc are suggesting and check back. I posted partly because I was hoping there might be a simple way to do it and it sound like this could be it.

Thanks,
Budfred:)

Whyzman
12-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Budfred,

I figured it probably was the LED wire from the case...I remember looking at it the first time and scratching my noggin...:(

The fix is easy if you're up against a similar problem...and it seems as though you are...

Interesting that both are ECS boards....

The case I used was an Enlight....

I wonder who's not with the program...ECS or the case manufacturers? :rolleyes:

Budfred
12-14-2002, 05:32 PM
I think it is mainly the case makers. This is the same Raidmax case that requires me to install the power supply upside down.

Budfred

Budfred
12-15-2002, 01:58 AM
I just got the LED lit!! I couldn't get the damn wire connector to release, so I did a Red Green. I took wire cutter and cut the plastic off from around it. It slid neatly into the proper slot and worked on the first try.

Thanks for the help....
Budfred

Whyzman
12-15-2002, 02:37 AM
Hehe....Red Green...hehe!:D :D

Nice job! ;)