PDA

View Full Version : case speaker

Jiggy
01-11-2003, 12:44 PM
puter powers up ok and works fine

when you get a puter case (ATX) inside you get a selection of wires for reset, hard drive, power and speaker, no matter what way round i try the speaker pins on the mobo speaker poles i get no beep(s), i had beeps when i first built the system and now nothing, the speaker has power. why i ask is that im jazzing up my new case and its speaker is very quite so i bought a bigger one, wired it up with the wire that came with said case(cut off old speaker, put new one on. left on black block for mobo) and tried it on this puter and no beep(s) at boot, any ideas.

YODA74
01-11-2003, 01:37 PM
got to be a setting somewhere? could look in "regedit" look for [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound]"Beep"= YES not sure that is what it is??

Jiggy
01-11-2003, 01:45 PM
YODA74 ive taken a look in there and it says YES, could it just stop working? my brother has a similar problem were his hard drive LED was on and working for the first boot then nothing, hes got a different mobo to me. wacky i know..

Whyzman
01-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Hey Jiggy forgive me I'm old...hehe! :D

Have you checked in the BIOS? I think it might be under chipset features where you can disable the case speaker...

Jiggy
01-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Whyzman ive had a good look round in BIOS(AMI)and found nothing to do with case speakers in any of the play areas..

Budfred
01-11-2003, 03:03 PM
If you put in a bigger speaker, does it also have bigger power requirements?? I would wonder if it just isn't getting enough power to toot....

Budfred

Jiggy
01-11-2003, 03:22 PM
the speaker i bought is the same size as the one in this puter case im using now and that gets 5Volts, the new speak is good.
ive just found out if i splodge(hold down) the keys on the board the case speaker beeps, i dont get a POST beep(s) at boot.

Budfred
01-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Now that is odd....:rolleyes:

Budfred

Whyzman
01-11-2003, 04:14 PM
splodge now that's a word I can get into...hehe

Not in the Collegiate Dictionary though...but I like it non the less! :D