PDA

View Full Version : my first thread

spub
01-13-2003, 07:30 AM
hi everyone!
something about me:
i learn for MCSE certification, i passed 210 & 215 so now i learn for 216, my moto is that i know nothing so i learn more & it works!
:)
my first question is about Ultima dump - i heard this is the best there is today for 216, is that true??? Thanks ahead!

YODA74
01-13-2003, 07:56 AM
You stick around here and you'll learn more than you will at a Brain dump...

Brain dumps are exactly what they are meant... they cram so much in a short period of time just to pass a test.. And to be honest the cert. isn't worth didly squat after that..There are people here and a few other forums that i visit where some of the people do Not have certs. and are smarter than any mcse or brain dump certifacation tech..

Practical experiance is the key if you know what you are doing and can put it into practical use you don't need to dump.

Most of the people I know (not everyone) that have brain dumped can't even pick there nose right let alone repair a computer.

sorry but i don't believe in Brain dumping and wouldn't even consider hiring one.. I would rather hire someone that actually knows what they are doing and can perform in action even without a cert. Than i would someone with a cert. that was brain dumping.. Well thats my thoughts on it.. but Welcome to the PC Guide and enjoy

Whyzman
01-13-2003, 08:09 PM
can't even pick there nose right let alone repair a computer

Yoda, are you saying the lefties do a better job picking their noses...I don't think so! :rolleyes:

I agree with Yoda...spend some time around here and you will be amazed how much you learn...and practical knowledge at that...not just book learning! ;)

Jiggy
01-14-2003, 07:10 PM
Whyzman im a leftie and im sorry to say it, i pick my nose with the right hand:eek:

im trying for A+ and im not the quickest of readers and working funny hours doesnt give me much time for books, so i pop here of a night and learn a little more.

Whyzman
01-14-2003, 07:21 PM
That is often the case Jiggy, where delicate motor skills are performed by the less dominant hand...

Consider the advantage of being ambidextrous! :cool: :D

Have you ever picked a nit? I don't even know if they have nostrils?

Yeppers, this is the best learning environment for computers and an assortment of life skills...take your pick! :rolleyes:

Jiggy
01-14-2003, 07:33 PM
picked a nit cant say i have, off the top of my head...my right hand may be less dominant but its the stronger arm.:D

Whyzman
01-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Very good Jiggy...that one gets you a nomination into the PUNishment Academy! :D

YODA74
01-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Good lord what have i done :D sorry.. spub

Whyzman
01-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Ah, a lefty! Nose picking is definitely an acquired taste...do you suppose that look on his face comes from his new discovery? Every journey is fraught with anticipation....:rolleyes: :D

jabarnutcase
01-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Take your pick...Left, right, they both work.
(Lord nose I better stay out of this one)
:rolleyes:

BTW- Welcome spub. Yes, this is a great place to learn! ;)

rahulkothari
01-15-2003, 04:36 PM
jabarnutcase: BTW- Welcome spub. Yes, this is a great place to learn........

.... and laugh :)

Welcome aboard SPUB and i am sure u will be anchored here for life. ;)

deddard
01-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the lunatic asylum:eek:
You'll find loads of info here.
Learning slowly can seem like a drag, but it really is the way to take it all in. I'm enrolled on an A+ course, which will take an academic year. This is too long, but it's better than just trying to cram facts and figures in - you can learn so much more if you can examine the smaller details.
Best of luck with the MCSE.

papertech
01-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Five years ago, I had the opportunity for free tuition to exam cram type classes and acquired an MCSE on NT4.0 (including IIS4 and TCP/IP).

I was a bookkeeper at the time. Was able to land a higher paying job at a software company (as a bookkeeper) where I got to assist the network guy and do all the purchasing of IT equipment. (Yes, that was fun!)

Eventually had to quit, started a small repair shop 2 yrs ago. Studying online, got the A+ cert. Now ready to sit for Server+ evam. Will probably do Linux next.

This forum had been one of my best tools. Even tho I don't post alot, I follow threads daily to test myself and always learn something.

Yoda, you hurt my feelings. My nose is always clean.

beauness
02-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Hello folks! I, also don't add to much to these dicussions, but as was mentioned above, I read faithfully, at least once to three times a week. I've just finished one of those online courses that cost me a bundle, to learn and prepare for the A+ test. I did well, but still didn't have the balls to jump into the actual test and all. As Yoda said, stay with these Gurues and all will be well> I just wrote the test yesterday and aced the A+. On to bigger things! Beauness

spub
02-13-2003, 04:43 PM
217 ahead... :)
when i posted this thread i started learning to the exam...
i was under pressure & i forgot all about this thread!
damn MS... those stupid exams made senile...

forums here are just great, i don't know any better!
i hope that soon i will also be able to help others.

meanwhile, i practice nose picking - maybe i'll post a thread about the smaller details ...:p
about braindumps
Yoda, u r right about the important of Practical experiance - this is the most important thing but exams cost money... & if u insist on understanding the braindumps u can also learn a lot + save a lot of money:)