PDA

View Full Version : XP Logon Screen Problem

digitalman
01-27-2003, 08:38 AM
One night about a month ago somehow I got XP to ask me to if I wanted to used the XP logon screen or 2K logon screen. I was very tired and said 2K and went to bed. When I booted up the next day I got the 2K logon screen. I was pissed with myself for doing this stupid thing. I tried fixing it in the Users Accounts of the Control Panel by the way userís logon, it did not help. When I try to fix it in the registry or in the Admin Tools, it just turns the 2K logon completely on. Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Now I would like to use Stylebuilder to build my own Tolkien theme, logon screen, and Boot screen. Really donít want to format if I donít have to.

TIA;
DM

Budfred
01-27-2003, 12:08 PM
If you can find the boot.ini file, you should be able to edit it in Notepad to use the XP login screen. I am not sure what the edit would be, but you may be able to figure it out by looking at it. Make sure you save a backup of the boot.ini before you start to edit. If you can't find it on a search, you probably don't have the option to view hidden files enabled and you will need to do that to see it.

Budfred