PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer

rio_bugarin
02-04-2003, 07:29 AM
I had been using internet explorer ever since i learned to surf the net. But there are some settings of it i dont know.

Sometimes when i surf the net and opened more than two windows, the ready one pops up and interfere with your reading or signing up. then you have to click the taskbar again or press alt+tab to see the page again. HOw do you turn that off. I annoys me. Especially whenever im reading.

ski
02-04-2003, 09:55 AM
If the 2nd window opens by itself after minimizing it to the taskbar, then run the IE repair tool.
If this does not work, then uninstall and reinstall IE.

mjc
02-04-2003, 12:14 PM
If you are talking about a second window that was in the background stealing the focus of the foreground window, there is no easy way to turn it off unlees you run a tweaking program like TweakUi. To find the correct version you need to look for it by you OS (there are separate versions for 9x and the NT based versions of Windows).

Paul Komski
02-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Are these windows that you have opened yourself or are they popups which were opened by the site you were visiting?? If they are popups there are a number of utilities or browsers that will block them from appearing.

rio_bugarin
02-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Those sites aren't popups.

I'll give you a simulation.

you opened yahoo.com
then you opened magewar.com
then you're signing up with magewar.

then when yahoo.com is ready, its window pops up in front of you, making you click the taskbar to continue signing up with magewar.com

mjc
02-06-2003, 12:45 AM
That is stealing the focus and you need TweakUI to change that.