PDA

View Full Version : .msc ???

[]D[][]V[][]D
02-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Hi all.

Was fooling around trying to reomve the "My Network Places" icon off the desktop. To do so i used gpedit.msc. My question is this. What does MSC stand for? Ive done a lil bit of research on the net but so far have not found what im looking for. This is obviously not important but i am curious.

Thanks in advance, Da []D[][]V[][]D

Lucias_Clay
02-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Where di you get this program
gpedit.msc

[]D[][]V[][]D
02-05-2003, 09:31 PM
In WIN2000 / XP. Go to Start/Run and type gpedit.msc. It opens the group policy window. For the option to remove "My Network Places" Icon follow User configuration / Administrative Templates / Desktop / Hide My Network Places Icon on Desktop. Hope thats what you were after.

Da []D[][]V[][]D

[]D[][]V[][]D
02-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Ok mystery solved. Thanks to some help from Jiggy, i was lead to this.

.msc file
A "Management Saved Console" file that constitutes a tool. After an administrator has assembled a tool using various snap-ins, the administrator can save the tool in an .msc file, which can be opened and used again later. An .msc file can be passed on to another administrator. Any administrator can open the .msc file in MMC, causing the tool to be loaded.

here is the link to the site if interested.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/isa/isagloss_5beh.asp

Da []D[][]V[][]D:)

Lucias_Clay
02-06-2003, 07:33 PM
Ok you did not state what os you were using (this is very helpful) I am using ME and could not find this on my computer.
Oh by the way 'Welcome to the best computer discussion group on the web':D

Jiggy
02-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Being as i know Pimp i can tell you hes on W2k/XP, its took him long enough to get on the forum..