PDA

View Full Version : quick launch toobar

no-mbr
02-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Hey anyone remember where the faq is on fixing the "quick launch tooolbar"...

The toolbar has been "moved" over from it's left postion next to the "start" button. Now the minimized windows are showing up and hiding it...

YODA74
02-12-2003, 11:03 AM
no but what windows you have??

no-mbr
02-14-2003, 11:15 AM
This happens in 98. It makes the toolbar get "covered" by minimized programs. You have to move it over to the system tray area for it to show. You can still add and modify or use other bars.

Like I said, I fixed before with a registry hack. I think MS is reshaping and deleting the contents of KB because I can't seem, to find older things I know I've found before.

kayofcircles
02-15-2003, 11:31 AM
Did you try hovering your mouse over the very top edge of the bar, waiting for the double sided arrow thingy, and then dragging it up? I had to "double" the size of my toolbar down there because wanted a bunch of quick launch shortcuts. I have a set of icons for programs, a little "separator" gizmo, and then my folders, and underneath that is running programs or minimized windows. I can move the separator gizmo toward or away from the clock area, but things do start disappearing if I go too far. I suspect you just need to double the bar, like I did.